At the very beginning of month, we already told you that Microsoft had 6 TV series in preparation, including one of them devoted to Halo. Today, Microsoft gives a little more details on its program and announces the beginning of hostilities in June.
These are various comedies, documentaries, animation films and even live events that will only be available on Xbox 360, Xbox One or other Microsoft devices. Each program will provide interactive opportunities so, we are told, to get experience found nowhere else.
- A television series Halo: the television series Halo is an original series based on the franchise well known in the video game world. Steven Spielberg will produce this live-action series was created in partnership with 343 Industries and Amblin Television.
- Every Street United: "Every Street United" is a series of 8 episodes of 30 minutes and a last final hour, which includes stars of street football such as Thierry Henry and Edgar Davids, looking for the biggest stars throughout the world ((USA, England, Argentina, Spain, Brazil, Netherlands, Ghana and South Korea)). The series will end in July with a match in 4 x 4 in the shadow of the Rio World Cup. Jonathan Hock will lead the series and Mike Tollin and Mandalay Sports Media deal of the production. Each episode will be available in June through Xbox Video on Xbox One, Xbox 360, Windows 8 (PC and Surface) as well as Windows Phone 8.
- Bonnaroo: Music festival Bonnaroo may be followed by Xbox Live users from June 13 to June 15 with live concerts. It will apparently be an application to download, which will also allow for interractions with his friends.
- Signal to Noise "/" Atari: Game Over: it is a series of six documentary films. "Signal to Noise" will examine how modern technology has radically changed the way we interact with the world in which we live. "Atari: Game Over" (the name is not final) will tell the story of the famous Atari company and his E.T. game including millions of copies have not been sold and buried in the small town of Alamogordo, New Mexico. This documentary will be available exclusively on Xbox 360 and Xbox One in 2014.
- Humans: As we have said in our previous article, it is an English adaptation of the Swedish series Real Humans. This will be implemented in eight hour-long episodes will happen on British screens for the first time on Channel 4 in 2015. The cast will begin in may 2014 and will begin production this summer.
- Halo digital feature: 343 Industries and Scott Free Productions will come out at the end of the year a digital project Halo (no more details for the moment) produced by Ridley Scott and David Zucker. Sergio Mimica-Gezzan ("Battlestar Galactica," "Pillars of the Earth", "Heroes") will take care of the direction.
Projects in development
- Deadlands: The script is based on the success of Shane Lacy Hensley role-playing game. It is a story starring the dead bandits, wizards, mad scientists, secret societies in a very strange Western region.
- Extraordinary Believers (provisional title): it is a show innovative stop-motion (frame by frame) with Stoopid Buddy Stoodios, the creators of Robot Chicken.
- Fearless (provisional title): this is a series that is currently in production of a pilot with Paul de Gelder, a Minesweeper, and diver of the Australian Navy, which has lost several members after a shark attack. There mission is to help people who risk their lives to make the world better.
- Machine Gun: Xbox Entertainment Studio has acquired the rights from Machine Gun which is a thriller police officer isssu of the bestseller by Warren Ellis to be the producer. Brett Conrad ("The Killing," "Sons of Anarchy", and soon "Marco Polo") has signed to write the script for the pilot episode that speak of a detective who hunts down a serial killer. The latter is related to the mysterious weapons used in the infamous murders of New York.
- Untitled JASH Comedy/Variety Half Hour: It's a comedy developed by Xbox Enternainment and JASH, the comedy collective founded by Sarah Silverman, Michael Cera, Tim and Eric and Reggie Watts. Each week, a different actor will present a show featuring unsung talent. Sarah Silverman will present the episode pilot and Daniel Kellison (Late Show with David Letterman,""Jimmy Kimmel Live,""Crank Yankers") will be the Executive producer. For the moment, there is only the driver that is signed and filming begins in June.
- Winterworld: Xbox Entertainment Studios and IDW Entertainment co-develop an event series based on a live-action Chuck Dixon and novel Winterworld de Jorge Zaffino in which our world is frozen between the two poles. The surviving humans have formed tribes who fight, enslave and trade with each other to survive the endless winter. Ted Adams and David Ozer of IDW Entertainment, and also Rick Jacobs as Dave Alpert of Circle of Confusion ("Walking Dead") are executive producers.