DICE and Electronic Arts have announced the release of a new patch for Battlefield 4 in the next few days, early February.
The latest patch was released on PC and PS3 and PS4, and then on Xbox 360, then finally on Xbox One, DICE explains that this order might be upset, but it comes out whatever happens on all platforms.
It begins with everything that flies or which can eliminate what flies:
- Passage from 6 to 4 the number of missile that the air raid can carry. The number of missile made it impossible for a helicopter to use its counter measures to prevent attacks
- Reduction of velocity of 20mm guns from 1200 m up to 800 m/s to correspond with the 30 mm cannon. This allows reducing the distance of shots and forcing the MAA to move from his stash. The damage will remain unchanged.
- Reduction of the physical impact of all anti-air missiles to prevent helicopters become uncontrollable during impact. The damage values have not changed.
- Reduction of the cone in which the missiles with active radar search targets, which requires a higher level of skill to predict where a target will be when the missile is fired. The missiles were previously too easy to use with a sighting at long range, making it a guaranteed success and a clear advantage over other types of missiles.
- Increase of the direct damage caused by the canon of the attack helicopter shooter. The shooter will be better able to help the pilot to eliminate vehicles targets with this change.
- Increase damage by direct hit of the Zuni Rockets to attack helicopters. The rate of fire of these rocket combined with the smallest charger made them a poor choice compared to the other two types of rockets.
- Reducing harm of shards and a maximization of the damage of the 25mm guns of the scout helicopter. These weapons were too effective against infantry, by making a clear choice compared with 7.62 guns in all combat situations. The 25 mm guns are intended to give the scout helicopter some effectiveness against vehicles, making them clearly less effective against infantry.
We continue with the tanks and the anti-tank:
- Reduction of the intelligence of the LAW of the MBT, the player missiles must be closer to the target so that the chip of the missile turns. In addition, the reloading of the MBT time now is a little slower. This allows to maintain the LAW of MBT in his role of fire and forget easy to use accessible to engineers, as balanced with other launchers of rockets for human. Finally, the bug where the MBT LAW passes through an active protection shield has been corrected.
- Fixed a problem where the active protection and MP - APS do not stop correctly the 12G FRAG.
- Reduction of the range where M2 SLAM made the maximum damage to vehicles, from 6 M to 3 m. Players will now need to be more clever in placing their SLAM M2 in order to get the full potential of this anti vehicle damage. This change is mainly to counter a tactic to place 3 mines in the same place to assure a death on any vehicle passing to 6 m. The range was found to be too large, which makes it far superior to mine at M15. SLAM M2
- And will also contain fixes for the multiplayer as well as increased stability.