November 2013 has been a crucial month for the video game industry. Indeed, this is the month hosted the launch of the PS4 and Xbox One, but it is also the period during which consumers here North Americans, makes much of their shopping for Christmas year end.
If the video game market has seen in recent weeks a revival thanks to the arrival of the next generation consoles, the old gen (PS3 , Xbox 360 ... ) are not far behind.
We note with figures from NPD Group ( a specialist in market research) , made public last night, via VG247 that the Xbox 360 has dominated the North American market during the month of November with no less than 674,000 consoles sold . Unsurprisingly we note that November is the best month of the year on sales of consoles in 2013.
Unfortunately, we also see a decline in sales of physical games . Indeed , the market recorded a 24% drop compared to the same period last year.
Here is the list of the best games sold in the month of November 2013 in the USA:
- Battlefield 4 (PC , PS3, PS4 , Xbox 360, Xbox One)
- Assassin 's Creed IV: Black Flag (PC , PS3, PS4 , Wii U , Xbox 360, Xbox One)
- Madden NFL 25 ( PS3, PS4 , Xbox 360, Xbox One)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS3 , Xbox 360)
- NBA 2k14 (PC , PS3, PS4 , Xbox 360, Xbox One)
- Skylanders Swap Force (3DS , PS3, PS3 , Wii, Wii U , Xbox 360, Xbox One)
- Just Dance 2014 ( PS3, PS4 , Wii, Wii U , Xbox 360, Xbox One)
- Disney Infinity (3DS , PS3, Wii , Wii U , Xbox 360)
- FIFA 14 ( PS3, PS4 , Vita , Xbox 360, Xbox One)
Among the figures to be on the same period ( November ) from 2012 to 2013 we can also note:
- 7 % increase in total spending ( $ 2.74 billion in sales) .
- 57 % increase in hardware sales ( 1.327 billion dollars).
- 17 % increase in sales of accessories ( 327.4 million dollars).
We note that the Nintendo 3DS has seen its sales increase by 15 % compared to last year.
No doubt the release of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is not innocent in this increase.