Tuesday, December 30

How to Get Email Notifications of Xbox Live Games with Gold and Deals with Gold


I looked around for some way of getting notifications of new deals and free games so that I wouldn’t miss anything if I was busy or didn’t play Xbox for a while, but couldn’t find anything. I did, however, discover that Major Nelson posted about every deal. He also has RSS feeds for all marketplace posts or all posts tagged ‘deal’.
I did a bit of searching online, and found a couple of free RSS-to-Email services. Some of them looked a bit naff and some wouldn’t let me sign up with a plus symbol in my address (urgh!). I found two that looked reasonable and didn’t have poor email validation but since I didn’t know how reliable they’d be, I decided to sign up for both and see how they went.
The two services I signed up with are:

  • Blogtrottr - Free with ads; or paid plans are available.
  • Feedrabbit - Free with no ads, but restricted to 10 RSS feeds and 20 emails/day max; or paid plan available.
I was pleasantly surprised that both services have worked perfectly well since I signed up at the start of December, which is around 17 emails so far. The emails tend to arrive within an hour of each other; and according to the timestamps; actually arrive before Major Nelson even posts them! 


Via: dannytuppeny 

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment